Treating Intestinal Gas Pain
Intestinal gas is a natural part of a human’s intestinal tract. Gas sometimes leads to bloating and flatulence that can interrupt your daily life. If bloating, belching, and flatulence have taken over your life, it’s important to contact us. Gas symptoms should typically resolve once released by flatulence or belching, but some people experience painful symptoms due to gas. Rocky Mountain Gastroenterology offers bloating and flatulence treatment in the Denver Metro area. Our team of gastroenterology specialists has provided the area with exemplary treatments for a wide range of issues for over 20 years. We’re committed to your gut health.
What Causes Flatulence?
The answer to what causes gas and flatulence are found in everyday activities, from eating to swallowing. Some of the most common causes of flatulence include:
- Drinking carbonated beverages or
- Poorly fitting dentures
- Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine
- Swallowing air
- Dietary choices of gas-producing foods
- Digestive problems, including celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and lactose intolerance
Diagnosis of Bloating & Flatulence
Problems with bloating and flatulence are often diagnosed in multiple ways. We can perform:
- Colon Screening – We can perform a colon screening to view the lower part of your colon and lower intestine to identify digestive disorders
- Blood Tests – Blood tests can detect celiac disease and other problems that cause gas.
- Food Elimination – Patients keep a diary to determine what food causes issues and eliminate specific foods daily to determine if symptoms improve.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Tract Exam – An upper GI test involves swallowing a barium solution that coats the stomach, esophagus, and part of the small intestine for easy viewing on X-rays.
Treating Flatulence & Bloating
Everyday bloating and flatulence can be treated with simple medications that improve digestion. If you have excessive gas, the best treatments include:
- Elimination of carbonated beverages
- Avoiding cabbage, beans, bran, cauliflower, and broccoli
- Lactase enzymes for lactose intolerance
- Probiotics to eliminate bad gut bacteria
- Simethicone to help reduce intestinal gas buildup
- Alpha-galactosidase to break down food
- Prescription medications
It’s critical to contact your healthcare provider if you have flatulence combined with:
Why Choose Contact Rocky Mountain Gastroenterology?
RMG’s experienced gastroenterologists perform almost 30,000 procedures each year. We specialize in the highest quality treatments for gastrointestinal issues. RMG has multiple main offices, endoscopy procedure centers, and satellite office facilities conveniently located throughout the Denver Metro area for your convenience. Our specialists practice at leading hospitals and throughout the community to help patients get the medical attention they need to improve their digestive health. Our physician-owned practice accepts many insurance plans for your peace of mind. We put your health first and offer optimal digestive treatments for your needs.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If bloating and flatulence interfere with your life, we can help diagnose and treat the issue. We’ll help you feel comfortable in our welcoming environment. While flatulence and bloating are a part of everyday life, you don’t have to live in excessive discomfort. Our dedicated staff and cutting-edge technology can make a significant difference in the quality of your life. Contact us today to get started.Go back